10:25

Long story short: "Surround yourself with good people"

Sometimes I come across a saying, words of wisdom or a quote that I feel like fit my situation perfectly. Or sometimes I find myself in a situation where I think "this quote is so appropriate for this". Or I find myself having an epiphany about something which I really want to share.

But Twitter only allows you to have 140 characters and Tumblr is a platform which I don't wish to be on anymore, so now that I have this little outlet here, I thought I'd create a new segment called "Long story short" in which I try to summarize something I've been thinking about, or a conclusion I've come to.

Today's first episode is this.



I never thought I would come in a situation where this is appropriate. But recently it dawned on me that what everyone is saying, even in variations such as "Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you", "Good people will bring out the good in people" etc., is so, so true.

When you're a generally chipper person who doesn't get weighed down very easily, you might find this not relevant to you. But some of us fight for happiness a lot more in everyday life. And even if you are just going through a phase where you're feeling a little lower than usual - negativity will get to you much easier. And when you have a lot of people around you who are constantly being negative, it will affect your attitude, if not your whole character.

Negativity can come in various forms. To try and fathom all of them would be a very long procedure. But they have one thing in common: you have to avoid them in any case. Be it people who are talking negatively about your relationship, about your studies, about your dreams and aspirations - don't listen to them. They don't know you, or your life, or your talents. It is so important to follow your dreams, stick to them, stand up more than you fall down and don't let negative people hold you down when you're experiencing a setback. Don't let them stop you from standing back up again. Instead, surround yourself with the ones who encourage you to keep going. Who motivate you to keep following your dreams until you caught them. And even if the wind changes and your dreams change, the good people will always be there to keep you going.

Good people are inspiring.
Surround yourself with them.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am one of those people who also has to fight for happiness and I think your 100% correct. When your around happy people they will rub off on you :) vise versa for negative people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realised how much of an impact your surroundings have on you! It's crazy how the negative attitude of others can bring you down, same the other way round. Keep smiling, you deserve all the happiness in the world :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig