09:33

Pumpkin Chocolate Chips Muffins

Pumpkin in dessert? Errr... that one was new to me.

But something sounded intriguing about this pumpkin chocolate chip recipe by Sally's Baking Addiction (a very recommendable food blog!). And when I read that you can easily make muffins out of this recipe, too, I was sold.

I remember that my host mum in Brisbane used to occasionally make pumpkin for dinner and I loved it, so I really want to try and make more soups, breads and savory meals with it this autumn - keep your eyes pealed! These muffins are super moist and the combination of pumpkin and chocolate really is delicious.

So let's get on with the recipe (very slightly altered)!

Please note: if you decide to make the pumpkin puree yourself, read this first :)



Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.

In a bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, start by mixing your egg, caster sugar and brown sugar.




Start mixing your pumpkin puree, oil and orange juice into the egg-and-sugar-mixture.



Gently mix your wet ingredients into the dry. The mixture will look a little lumpy but that's okay, don't overmix! Gently fold in your chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or spatula.





Lightly grease a muffin tray and fill with your mixture. Put in the lower third of the oven and bake for at least 17-18 minutes. My oven is quite old so it took about 25 minutes for the muffins to be done. While you wait, it is a mandatory step to lick your utensils clean - I mean, how can you not?



I found it a little difficult to tell if the muffins really are ready because they are so moist and gooey, it almost looks like they're not done.

Leave to cool for just a couple of minutes and then enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate while they're still warm! (A big Thank You to my boyfriend who took the following two photos for me 'cause I was too greedy and ate my muffins before taking a photo - bad blogger!)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig