14:46

Grey & drizzling

Monday didn't present itself very photogenic.

It started out grey, cold and drizzling with rain. We headed to Primark at Marble Arch (very disappointing) and then straight back to Stratford for a second round of shopping at Westfield (very disappointing, too).

Still shattered from the day before and also from the lack of proper sleep, we decided to have a little rest in our room before heading out to Greenwich again.

We had a drink at a pub right near the Thames.



I had chosen a much, much too cold outfit.




We headed for dinner at Jamie's Italian with one of my former housemates and his girlfriend where I didn't actually take any photos because it was just so lovely to catch up with him and get to know his girlfriend for the first time so I didn't want to shove a camera in their faces!

Jamie's Italian was a little disappointing for me, to be honest.
I had the Prosciutto & Pear Salad which sounded very promising but ended being too salty and dry for my liking. The portions were a little too small for their prices, I reckon, although that's what you generally experience in "upper class restaurants".
The dessert, however, just blew me away! I went for the "Epic Homemade Brownie" which actually was pretty epic - it's a perfectly gooey, rich brownie with salted caramel ice cream and caramelised popcorn. Very, very tasty!

Anyway, we headed back to my mate's place for a little more chit chat and then made our way back to where we were staying at.
It was a lovely, relaxed day with lots of catch-ups and not much to show you so sorry for the lack of photos - I promise there'll be more tomorrow!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig