11:00

Current Beauty Favourites

Instead of doing monthly roundups, I thought I'd include my favourite beauty products every now and again as a 'current favourites' post. I don't change my products up all that much to do monthly posts about them so let me introduce you to the products and tools I've been loving over the past few weeks!


I've had this Kiko 106 Face brush for a good while now and I remember loving it a few years back, but then I kind of forgot about it and after purchasing the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I thought I'd never use anything else ever again anyway. However, when I tried to put the Rimmel 25 Hour Foundation on, it wouldn't really work with any of my brushes. I remembered the Kiko one and I have to say, these two are a dreamy combination! The only downside is that the foundation seems to break me out quite a bit, however the coverage is lovely, medium to full and buildable which I really like.


Staying with brushes, I re-discovered this brush in my collection as well and it's the MAC 130SE which I've been loving to apply my Manhattan Wake Up Concealer which is the best for brightening my under-eye area! I've been using this over my Maybelline Eraser concealer as it doesn't give much coverage but the brightening effect is great!


I use the p2 Perfect Face refine + prime concealer + base as a first step for concealing. The pink shade cancels out my undereye circles so nicely and it creates a smooth surface for my concealer to blend in flawlessly. Loving it - and it's cheap as chips as well!



And yet another brush (but not paired with a specific product this time) - the elf powder brush. When I bought this a few years ago I was actually really disappointed because I felt like I couldn't really use it but recently I've been loving it for really pressing the powder on to my face which helps it stay longer.


A product that's been hyped in the beauty community is the Body Shop Honey Bronzer which I've purchased for the first time recently. Mine is the shade 02 Fair Matte and it's the perfect shade for my skin tone, I like to use one layer for a bronzed look and build it up for contour.


As for eyeproducts, the NYX Roll on shimmer in 'Nude' has been my go-to product. I like to layer it on top of a cream base, just dabbing it onto the inner half of my lid and it makes me eye colour pop so nicely! It also gives a lovely effect to otherwise plain eye makeup looks.


Staying with eye products, I've discovered a really good mascara for very little money! I'm constantly on the hunt for the perfect mascara that won't make my bank balance sink drastically whenever I have to go out and buy it so I'm really happy about the discovery of the Catrice Lashes To Kill (Waterproof) mascara! It gives volume and holds the curl perfectly - plus it doesn't smudge!


What are your favourite (budget) beauty buys?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. the nyx shimmer looks really pretty, definitely going to check it out!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so lovely, I am dying to get more shades! I'm looking to buy a silver/grey colour next to enhance smokey eye looks :) x

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig