10:00

Easy reads for your commute.

"There are little things in life that make me as happy as a book shop." - A sentence which I've said multiple times, and which you can find on a lot of short bios or posts I have written in the past. And it's true. I could lose myself for hours on end in book shops; the tranquillity of being surrounded by works of written art, the silence and peace which only a room with ceiling-high bookshelves can bring.

Whilst I do enjoy various genres, I like to read something easy on my commutes. Something that my tired brain doesn't need to work too hard on at 8am or 6pm. Here are my favourites of the past few months.



1. Billy and Me (Giovanna Fletcher)
This book is the reason why I want my own little cafe in a cute English town. A young girl from the countryside falls in love with a Hollywood star and finds her world turned upside down. Whilst there are romantic and heartfelt moments, the story also incorporates serious and relatable aspects which I like the combination of.

2. Always with Love (Giovanna Fletcher)
The sequel to Billy and Me, we now find the main characters trying to juggle a long-distance relationship and everyday responsibilities. Equally as heartfelt as its predecessor, the story shows the difficulties and lowlights of a seemingly perfect storybook.

3. How to Find Love in a Book Shop (Veronica Henry)
A book about books? Yep, I'm sold. This is such an adorable book, combining a few different storylines into one intertwining string, which I absolutely love (think along the lines of Love Actually). Exactly what you need to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling before and after a long day of work.

4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them [Screenplay] (J.K.Rowling)
There couldn't be a book list without something Harry Potter-related, could there? Normally I read books first before watching the corresponding film but this time, I did it the other way 'round. And oh boy, as this is a screenplay and not a novel, it's so much fun reliving the entire film in your head. I devoured this within two days and loved the different style.

5. All the Bright Places (Jennifer Niven)
I only bought this because Zoella's book club choices, which she does with WH Smith, was on 'buy one, get one half price' but I'm really glad I did. This story is something my teenage self would have loved to be in had it been made into a film; a cute teenage romance with a dramatic twist, incorporating all the emotions and two main characters you can't help but fall in love with.


What have you been loving lately? x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig